Between the Buried and Me: perhaps the most popular band of the 2000s that has a ton of technical merit. Ever since 2007’s Colors came out, the band’s been on a roll, with their most recent EP The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues gaining a lot of critical reception. It seems that they have no intent of slowing down. Given their recent output, this is a good thing. Their live show has only gotten better since as well. This is the fifth time I’ve seen them and it was by far their best. You owe it to yourself to catch them live if possible. You will not be disappointed.
I jumped at the chance to be able to talk to Dan Briggs (the bass player) during their recent stop in Tucson. Ever think they’d leave veganism? What do they think of Metallica’s Lulu album? Listen below…
1. How’s the tour going?
2. What’s your favorite song to play live?
3. How does being vegan/vegetarian affect touring?
4. Have you all ever considered straying away from the vegan path?
5. Have you all started writing the full length yet? Do you intend to play the entirety of the album live a la Colors and the Parallax EP?
6. Do you all ever intend to play Colors live in it’s entirety again?
7. What have you been listening to on the road?
8. What did you think of Metallica’s Lulu?