It’s funny: Eagle Twin is a totally new band to me. I’d heard of them, but never listened to them until their new album, The Feather Tipped the Serpent’s Scale was delivered to me. Last I heard, they were on tour with Gaza, so I expected something along those lines. I didn’t get that. This …
Monthly Archive: August 2012
Grave Digger is one of those heavy metal bands that had endured the passing of time, genres, trends and generations. Today they remain as one the strongest heavy metal bands out there as they were in the 80’s. Use Facebook to Comment on this Post
“Let them hate me, so that they will but fear me.” Caligula It was the year 37 AD when Rome saw the rise to power of one of the most brutal and ruthless of all Roman emperors Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, better known as Caligula. His story is full of blood, murder, fear and …
The World State is a Danish band that was form two years ago, and since then they have worked on their début album Traced Through Dust And Time. Their music is a mix of classic rock, old school metal, movie soundtracks, sci-fi music. The idea behind their music is bring something different and special to their …
Newly signed band to the Napalm Records roster is up and coming thrash metal band from Germany. The band was originally formed back in 2006, and then they released their EP CHAOS POSSESSION in 2010. Dust Bolt caught lots people’s attention with their killer tunes which have brought them where they are today. The band consists of: Lenny B. …
It was the summer of 2004 and I was flipping through CDs at a record store in California where I came across Katatonia’s Viva Emptiness. Now I have heard of them before as I was already a huge fan of Opeth and read that they were both really good friends with each other and hailed …
Take five bearded mountain men and give them instruments (and booze, lots and lots of booze) and you will probably get Norway’s Svölk. Self-proclaiming themselves as “Bear metal” they play a mixture of stoner metal with a Norwegian redneck attitude. With their newest album Nights Under the Round Table, Svölk has created a down and …
Grave is a band that has been around for many years, making them veterans in the death metal scene. Originally formed in 1986 they have been through various lineup changes, with vocalist and guitarist Ola Lindgren being the only constant fixture in the band, and the band even went on hiatus for a couple of …
Liv Kristine Espenæs has been one of the finest voices in metal during the last 15 years, not only she had an active role during the rise of the Female Fronted Metal movement with Theater Of Tragedy back in the 90’s, and later with her participation along with her husband Alex Krull on the folk metal …
This post has no tag
Destination Set to Nowhere is a pretty stunning album, especially for something that started out as a side band. Although they’ve changed a lot to form the band they are today, their improvements have generally been for the better. September 14th, Vision Divine will release their seventh record Destination Set to Nowhere, a concept album …
2012 marks the return of the “Sword Bearer” or Ensiferum as we know them, after being silent during the past three years the pagan/folk metal pioneers returns with another masterpiece. Use Facebook to Comment on this Post
Subscribe to TAOM via Email
- SLAYER shoots music video for new album’s title track “Repentless”
- BLOOD DIVISIONS Self-Titled Digital EP Available Today on Metal Blade Records
- Prosthetic Records signs atmospheric/blackened doom quartet BEREFT
- NILE’S NEW ALBUM, WHAT SHOULD NOT BE UNEARTHED, OUT NOW!
- AMORPHIS announces live web-chat with fans!
- Swedish Metal Experts SOILWORK Release 10th Studio Album “The Ride Majestic” Today via Nuclear Blast
- TRAPT Unleash “Human (Like The Rest Of Us)” Music Video + Read an Official Statement from Vocalist Chris Taylor Brown
- RIVERSIDE – Third and final “Love, Fear and the Time Machine” album trailer; Album out next week!
- Steve Smyth of One Machine discussed the new album The Final Cull
- Brutal Death Metal Group BROKEN FLESH Stream New Self-Titled Album One Week Early
Metal TweetsMy Tweets
Most View Articles
- Nile - What Should Not be Unearthed (2015)
- 70,000 tons of Metal Recap: Day 1
- SLAYER shoots music video for new album's title track "Repentless"
- 70,000 tons of Metal Recap: Day 4
- Borealis - Purgatory (2015)
- SATYRICON TO CELEBRATE 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF NEMESIS DIVINA IN 2016
- Morgan Steinmeyer Håkansson of Marduk talks Serpent Sermon with The Age Of Metal
- Sevendust, Coal Chamber & Lacuna Coil at Marquee Theater. Tempe, AZ (03/28/13)
- Dianne Van Giersbergen of Xandria talked about Sacrificium
- IRON MAIDEN To Release Long Awaited New Studio Album 'THE BOOK OF SOULS' On September 4!
Events on 08/11/2015
Events on 08/20/2015
Events on 08/30/2015